In this guide, we show you exactly how it's done.
First, find some ringtones you like. To make things as simple as possible, ensure your ringtones are DRM-free MP3 files. Also, they should typically be 30-seconds or less in length.
Some good source for free ringtones is mobile9.com and high quality normal, ringing ringtones can be purchased from RCP Tones. You can also make your own ringtones using music you already own thanks to free audio editing software such as Audacity.
Once you have some great ringtones on your computer, you're ready to go:
1. Ensure your microSD card is in your HTC Wildfire S, then connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable
1. If your HTC Wildfire S does not mount automatically, touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane, then tap on USB Connected and select Mount (or Disk Drive)
2. Using a file explorer on your computer, navigate to the root folder (the main directory) of the memory card in your HTC Wildfire S
3. Create a new folder called ringtones (some devices require a lowercase "r" so please name the new folder exactly as specified)
4. Now, simply copy all of the MP3 ringtones you want on your HTC Wildfire S into the new ringtones folder
That's it! You can now unmount your HTC Wildfire S and your ringtones will become available as options when changing your ringtone.
To set one of your new MP3s as your ringtone:
1. From the home screen, tap Menu then Settings
2. Tap Sound, then Phone ringtone
3. Scroll to the ringtone you want, select it and then tap OK